Friday, February 17, 2012

Mentor Meeting 2

Yesterday I had my second mentor meeting with Mr. Reising. We went over the letter that I posted yesterday intended for contacting store managers about coupon policies. I wanted to make sure that it expressed my project clearly and that it was professional. We also discussed a little about how I would gather all of the coupons (I need to think about that a little further).
Then Mr. Reising came up with a great idea: basically simulate an extreme couponing trip!
I would plan the trip, like those featured on the show "Extreme Couponing", set a goal ( ex. buy $1000 worth of goods for only $100), make a list, gather the coupons, go to the store and gather the items, have them rung up and see how close I come to my goal, but with out actually purchasing the items! I could use this as a practice run before having to be responsible for paying for the items. Practicing would also give me more experience to plan an even bigger and better actual shopping trip! Of course this type of thing would only work with the support and permission of the store manager!

No comments:

Post a Comment